This Year’s Most Popular Kitchen Remodeling Trends
Your kitchen can offer you a place to be creative, an area to gather and be together, or a room to unwind after a long day. If your kitchen is no longer inspiring these homey feelings, it might be time for a makeover.
At DRF Builders, we understand the importance of integrating convenience, functionality, and aesthetics into every kitchen remodel. With so many options out there, we want to help you discover the latest and greatest custom kitchen design trends available today.
To help inspire your big project, we have compiled the biggest kitchen remodeling trends of 2020 so far:
1. Marble Countertops
Marble has become increasingly popular in recent years and we are seeing no signs of slowing down in 2020. Our team is dedicated to not only creating the kitchen of your dreams but also sourcing the highest quality materials to do so. That is why we understand that adding marble countertops to your new kitchen is not only a beautiful choice, but also a smart one.
Why is Marble so Popular for Kitchen Remodels?
- Beauty: Marble represents luxury and adds elegance to a kitchen remodel.
- Versatility: This natural stone has a wide color range of cool to warm tones, and swirling textural hues that can complement any interior design.
- Durability: Marble is incredibly durable with an extremely high tolerance to heat. Even in the busiest of kitchens, your countertops won’t show any signs of wear and tear.
- Low Maintenance: With a simple sealant, marble countertops are easy to maintain and clean with soap and water. The stone is also very resistant to water damage, staining, and bacteria making them ideal for your kitchen remodel.
2. Shaped Tile
Let’s talk tile! This year we have been doing a lot of tile talk and have seen some amazing results. Whether as a flooring option, backsplash, or inlaid in countertops, specialty shaped tile is one of our new favorite remodeling trends. We love the little details that make kitchen remodels so striking, and shaped tile is the perfect way to add a unique touch!
2020’s Most Popular Tile Shapes in a Kitchen Remodel:
- Penny Tile: The penny tile – or circle tile – is a shape that is growing in popularity this year. You can find penny tile in a wide range of colors, materials, and finishes, leading some to say it puts the ‘tile’ in ‘versatile’!
- Subway Tile: The classic subway tile is here to stay in 2020. This tile shape has become a kitchen remodel must-have because of its simplicity, versatility, and elegance. You can use subway tiles as a backsplash, or even as a beautiful flooring option throughout your kitchen.
- Scalloped Tile: The real shape taking 2020 by storm is the scalloped tile, and for obvious reasons. This fish scale-like design features unique swooping curvatures that really make a statement in a kitchen remodel.
3. Custom Storage Solutions
One of the biggest signs it’s time for a kitchen remodel is a lack of storage and organization. If your kitchen appliances, cookware, and pantry are working against you, the kitchen can be a daunting space.
It’s 2020, and we have come a long way from the cookie-cutter kitchen layout. We want to work with you to design a kitchen that supports your daily routine and lifestyle. Our team at DRF Builders loves to get creative with storage solutions that combine both functionality and aesthetic design.
The Most Popular Kitchen Storage Ideas in 2020
- Pocket Cabinets: Similar to a pocket door, these storage cabinets completely disappear into the wall when fully closed. This hideaway pull-out design can be added between other cabinets, between appliances, or any other nook of unused space.
- Kitchen Island Drawers: If you really want to get the most out of your new kitchen, adding ample storage to your kitchen island is the way to go. Consider adding a hidden trash and recycling bin in your kitchen island, as well.
- Hanging Cookware Storage: This creative solution to storing bulky pots and pans not only frees up space, but it’s also very aesthetically pleasing. Create easy access to your cookware, maximizing the usable space in your kitchen, and show off your collection with this 2020 remodeling trend.
- Integrated Kitchen Appliances: If you are looking to make the design of your kitchen more streamlined, integrated kitchen appliances could be your answer. This modern kitchen design has become increasingly sought after in 2020. Integrating your appliances reduces unsightly electrical wirings and clutter around your kitchen while combining functionality and aesthetics.
4. Natural Lighting
Having ample light in your kitchen is a great way to reenergize the space and create a very welcoming atmosphere. Adding more natural lighting to your kitchen also allows for better airflow and ventilation while cooking. As people are staying in and cooking more meals from home in 2020, adding natural light sources to your kitchen is more beneficial than ever.
How to Add More Natural Light with a Kitchen Remodel:
- Make an existing window larger
- Add new windows that will increase sun exposure
- Add a sliding glass door from your kitchen to your backyard
- Add a skylight or roof window
Choose a Design-Build Firm for Your Kitchen Remodel in Sonoma County
If you find it challenging to stay organized or are feeling uninspired in your kitchen, it may be time for a remodel. When you choose a professional design-build firm like DRF Builders for your kitchen remodel, we ensure your project is completed on time and on budget.
From conception to construction and until completion, our experienced team will work alongside you to design and build the custom kitchen of your dreams. We are proud to have served homeowners owners in Sonoma, Napa, and Marin County since 2009. Contact us online to learn more about our services and how we can help with your kitchen remodel project.